As a senior member of Lightspeed’s dynamic in-house marketing team, you'll spend your days helping to build a strong and consistent global brand presence– defining, maintaining and evolving our visual guidelines. Reporting to the Group Creative Director, the Art Director is responsible for proposing original creative solutions that support the marketing team’s business objectives across all platforms from concept to completion. Your work will have a direct impact on positioning Lightspeed as the leading omnichannel commerce platform for the retail, hospitality, and golf industries.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Establishing the visual direction for all marketing materials supporting the brand team’s initiatives (including but not limited to: events, experiential design, social media, internal communications, company tools, brand campaigns)
- Overseeing the execution of concepts across channels, ensuring supporting tactics deliver on performance objectives and elevate the brand at every touchpoint
- Ensuring global brand consistency and supporting on global campaign development and execution
- Managing a group of specialized creatives, sharing best practices and contributing to their growth
- Working closely with the regional Art Directors to align, strategize and deliver on brand roadmap priorities
- Proactively making recommendations that improve creative operations, identifying opportunities for the team to optimize both process and output (tools, training, templates)
- Collaborating with internal teams and managing freelance contributors in a way that communicates feedback efficiently and gets the best out of all stakeholders
- Working independently, managing and meeting your own project deadlines
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- A portfolio demonstrating creativity and quality work
- 7+ years of multidisciplinary design work experience in a related field
- History of management or team lead status
- A knack for balancing creative and performance
- A positive, “yes and” attitude to the creative process
- Advanced proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- An incredible eye for detail, with the ability to push work from good to great
- High level of proficiency in English
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- You love the idea of being part of a global team and an open, inclusive and creative environment
- Experience in the retail or restaurant industry
- Proficiency in related tools and production software, including but not limited to Figma, InVision, After Effects
- Knowledge of French or Dutch
Who you are
- You have a passion for branding, design and customer experience– constantly up to date with the latest industry trends and best practices
- You are a confident storyteller who loves to see their ideas come to life and inspire others
- You have strong people skills and thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to powering global businesses to ignite local communities. Come be a part of the future of commerce!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!