This role is distinctly focused on the crafting of user experience (UX) content to improve the usability of our products. Enjoy debating about things like whether “Save” or “Submit” is the right label for a button? Then this might be the role for you.
As a Content Designer, you will help drive the voice of our products forward. As part of the Content Design & Localization team (in the Product & Technology department), you’ll work closely with other content designers, product designers, product managers and other stakeholders to help shape the flow of our communication with users.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Collaborating closely with the Content Design team to execute content tasks and projects including interface copywriting (UX writing), product content strategy and in-product messaging.
- Actively contributing to ongoing content strategy initiatives including content style guides, voice & tone guides and content templates.
- Contributing to the evolution of our products’ voice.
- Analyzing data to measure success and impact of content projects.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Extensive experience writing and structuring content to meet the needs of a designated audience.
- Ability to translate complex concepts and workflows into clear, concise and consistent in-product content.
- Proven capacity to work autonomously on multiple projects and self-manage priorities.
- Strong willingness to work in a demanding, fast-paced tech environment.
- Ability to make decisions based on independent research and problem solving.
- Interest in learning more about the following areas: user experience, product design process and user research.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or other equivalent field.
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Product-focused content strategy or UX experience.
- Experience working with restaurant, retail and/or ecommerce oriented software.
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to influence the future of the emerging Content Design practice at Lightspeed.
- A growing team also means great professional growth opportunities.
- Lots of autonomy and flexibility all while being part of a tight-knit, supportive team.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders.
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!