As a key member of Lightspeed’s dynamic in-house Marketing Content team, you’ll be the voice of Lightspeed for our Dutch audience, supporting initiatives that expand our reach into new and existing markets and crafting and editing copy that elevates our brand across all touch points.
Reporting to the regional Marketing Team Lead, you’ll create or review content for multiple internal and external channels—from events to blog to social media—ensuring adherence to brand guidelines and reinforcing our brand values. Your work will have a direct impact on positioning Lightspeed not just as the leading omnichannel commerce platform for the retail industry, but as a world-class brand and employer.
What you'll be doing:
- Delivering polished, creative and impactful copy that supports the go-to-market strategy and launch of new products and product updates
- Writing and posting blogs and long pieces of content to support the editorial calendar (webinars, customer stories, white papers, etc.)
- Proactively developing new guidelines, processes, tools and trainings, and auditing existing content
- Crafting, reviewing, and approving content for our website and additional assets
- Conceptualising, pitching and executing polished, creative campaign copy that supports business goals
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of our key products, customers and business types
- Acting as a brand ambassador and sharing best practices with employees across the company
- Staying up to date on brand and communications news and trends and sharing insights with the team
- Setting and reporting on success metrics, analysing data and recommending improvements
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 1-2 years of experience in content marketing
- Excellent Dutch and English writing and speaking skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Conceptual understanding of copy and how it drives strategic thinking
- Ability to write compelling and persuasive content for all channels
- In-depth knowledge of branding and content marketing industry trends
- Excellent people skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, from sales to product to support
- Strong empathy for customer merchants and a passion for storytelling
- Proficient editing and project management skills with an attention to detail
Even better, but not necessary:
- Experience with Wordpress, Google Analytics, SEMRush, Ahrefs or similar tools
- SEO knowledge and analytics experience
- Experience and contacts in the retail, hospitality or tech industry
- Experience managing an editorial calendar and/or social media channels
- Experience managing a team and/or freelancers
- PR, brand strategy, creative agency or B2C writing experience
- Experience liaising directly with customers and influencers
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!