Lightspeed is growing quickly on a global scale and we’re looking for a great colleague who is also a passionate Data Solutions Architect to join our Corporate Data Team.
We are currently looking for an experienced Data Solutions Architect who will collaborate with key data stakeholders within the organization and provide the architectural guidance to support the Information Systems team at Lightspeed. All while bringing your forward thinking on cloud-based data solutions that need to achieve high scalability, be secure and cost efficient.
You are an experienced Data Solutions Architect for whom implementing complex data solutions in a multi-cloud environment is second nature. If you are proficient in Data Solutions & Data Management capabilities, especially in the context of the lead-to-cash flow (marketing, sales, finance, etc.), a great collaborator and love working in a fast-paced environment, we have an opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing:
Enterprise data architecture contribution
- In collaboration with enterprise architect, contribute to data roadmaps, data solutions and data models in the context of systems and applications across the e-commerce business
- Contribute to data principles & standards, data management processes, and data quality practices
- Help create and maintain data service catalog, and interface and service implementation standards across CRM, ERP, Payment systems
- Contribute to data security and encryption, classification, and compliance (SOX, GDPR, etc.)
- Ensure conformance with, and pass ARB (architecture review board) for data
Data architecture and BI in practice
- Provide technical leadership to transformation, especially data architecture and migration across information services systems (CRM, ERP, Payment Processors)
- Provide technical guidance to data team (analysts, developers), and with tools and best practices
- Lead data architecture, integration & migration through EDA and microservices.
- Help prune requirements to preserve company agility.
- Influence decisions on choice of systems and frameworks
- Elaborate solutions to complex data needs, using a full range of modern databases and techniques, and leveraging design patterns and separation of concerns to ensure minimal complexity and optimal performance, reliability, reusability, supportability, security, etc.
- Document technical risks, architecture diagrams, and architectural decisions; ensure quality of deliverables related to data.
- Work with enterprise architects and business stakeholders, and position data objectives and plans to achieve business goals.
- Collaborate with architects, product managers, developers, throughout the SDLC.
- Ensure technical considerations are communicated, and implementation conforms with design, long-term objectives, and enterprise architecture.
- Coach data and development teams on best practices and patterns
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Expertise in data architecture, data lakes, analytics, and big data
- Experience in data management in SaaS based CRM, ERP solutions like Salesforce, NetSuite, and thorough understanding of lead-to-cash data and structures.
- Vulnerability (acceptance of mistakes) and accountability
- Deep analytical skills, ability to resolve problems and make decisions
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Deep technical knowledge; architecture and data patterns and practices; how to realize non-functional qualities in a design.
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with technologies in the enterprise applications world
- Experience with different types of databases (relational, key-value, columnar, document, graph, etc.) and understanding of their relative strengths
- Deep understanding of distributed data concepts and techniques (replication, partitioning, transactions, etc.)
- Strong database management, design, & coding experience
- Thorough understanding of microservices and RESTful integration; experience with data fabric and integration tools such as Talend, Denodo, Informatica, Fivetran, Mulesoft
- Experience in cloud environments (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with data catalogs such as Alation, Collibra, IBM.
- Hands on experience and engineering with ETLs, IoT, and data streaming
- Practical understanding of data science (segmentation, modeling, etc.)
- Strong experience in SDLC and quality processes.
- Experience with agile development and devops.
- Experience and understanding of Salesforce and Netsuite architectures
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Even better if you have:
- Experience with data support for self-service customer management platforms
- Experience with identity and access management systems and data
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!