Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the lookout for a passionate full-time Senior Back-End Developer to join our Toronto-based Development team. The primary role for this position is to work on our cloud-based software, Lightspeed Loyalty.Don’t mistake us for a typical corporation. We are not looking for just a team member, we’re searching for someone to enrich our family. We will encourage you to bring ideas and will give you creative freedom.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have worked on large projects and have built global and scalable solutions. You’re a natural-born problem-solver and critical-thinker, and enjoy learning new things. You’re passionate to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place thanks to Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Help design & architect software for a wide range of services and systems in a large SaaS environment
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a continuous integration + continuous deployment environment
- Actively provide constructive feedback to other developers through code review
- Assist QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes
- 5+ years experience developing reliable, highly available and scalable software in PHP (preferably in a scalable SaaS setting)
- 2+ years of API design experience
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- BS/BA in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Laravel Framework
- Experience with React
- Good understanding of Design Patterns
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Experience with relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Go language
- Experience deploying and maintaining software in a production environment
- Experience with Payment processing, Point of Sale (POS) and/or eCommerce
And when you’re not programming?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!