Lightspeed is seeking a customer service-oriented individual to provide full-time technical assistance on site, for our Point of Sale products. This position is for an experienced tech-savvy user with a strong background in customer service in a technical support role. The ideal candidate has exemplary verbal and written communication skills and is proficient in Mac OS, iOS, computer hardware and networking.
This is a position best suited to someone who is flexible with their hours and able to travel. This person will play a key role representing Lightspeed in their region, leveraging the social nature of the industry to help promote the product and grow our customer base by the exceptional service being delivered.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. It is smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
As a Field Support Specialist you will:
- With the help of Sales, identify and maintain a list of key, supported accounts in the region you are assigned to Support.
- Provide excellent technical support and customer service for all Lightspeed products at customer sites, over the phone, and/or email.
- Plan and organize training sessions with ownership, management, and/or staff.
- Guide customers through their setup, implementations and integrations; follow up with key customers.
- Utilize consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution(s).
- Document and track customer network details and schematics.
- Document and track customer issues and resolutions.
- Follow documented escalation procedures as required.
- Communicate with staff members regarding current and ongoing customer and product issues.
- Install/troubleshoot networking devices including routers and wireless access points;
- Troubleshoot unknown networking or configuration issues as they arise.
- Work with Product, Development, and Support teams to constantly improve our products and knowledge.
As a Field Support Specialist you need to have:
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- 3+ years of customer service experience in a technical support role.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on customer service.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS and iOS.
- Passion for new technology.
- Basic understanding of Linux administration.
- Proven software and hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Open availability; able to work evenings and weekends.
- This role will require travel primarily within your region.
- Mobility to work at customer site.
- 1-3 years of industry specific experience highly desired.
It's even better if you also have:
- Experience with PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, HTML, and/or CSS
- Familiarity with web hosting services
- Any additional language is a plus!
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party in Amsterdam, the bi-annual company barbecues and many more;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly skilled people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
Now your turn!
- Be part of a rapidly growing, market-competitive company where we do the best work of our lives. And you?
Contact us and let's have a chat!