Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have a strong technical drive matched by a passion for web technologies. You slay at problem-solving. You’re game with collaborating to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe. Your friends come to you with all their software woes. You’re not afraid to make mistakes and getting your hands dirty is how you roll.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. It is smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Execute full lifecycle software development in an Agile team setting.
- Write code and develop prototypes for high-volume production, web-based applications
- Investigate and debug performance and reliability issues across the stack
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Work with QA and Support staff in troubleshooting and fix bugs.
- Work with the team to deliver product features and functionality
- BS/BA in Computer Science in progress
- Ability to learn new technologies or paradigms
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of SQL
- Basic proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Good knowledge of Web technologies
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Test automation experience.
- Open source contributions
You’ll get access to:
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Social events throughout the year including the bi-annual company barbecues and many more;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly skilled people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!