You will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the HR function and ensuring our HR department is organized and operating efficiently to attract, hire, and retain a high performing workforce. In the process, you will be exposed to the workings of a high-growth software company and have the opportunity to contribute to HR support tasks to gain industry experience. The role offers a significant training and learning component for you to be able to complete the tasks. You will also have on-the-job support, such as training, mentoring and coaching.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. It is smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Ability to use/learn a variety of programs, including (but not limited to): MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Sheets/Docs, BambooHR (HRIS), Greenhouse (ATS).
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in both English and Dutch.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Discretion and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
HR Administration and Programs:
- HR Administration: assist with drafting, formatting and revising documents, including job postings, forms and correspondence, business cards, and general coordination;
- Training & Development: assist with the professional development program planning and execution, working on the creation of competencies for job roles, creating training related material, collection of signatures and follow-ups on training sessions;
- Recruitment & Selection: assist the Recruitment Team with recruitment processes, reviewing and editing job descriptions, helping with screening candidates, and checking references;
- Onboarding and Orientation: assist the HR BPs with preparing for all Onboarding/Orientation sessions, responsible for the Lightspeed “swag”, reviewing the process in place and identifying improvement opportunities as well as supporting with onboarding follow-ups;
- HR Processes: assist with reviewing and updating policies and processes;
- HR Data & Reporting: assist with completing data entry; verifying the quality and consistency of data, compiling reports and producing summaries as needed;
- HR Projects: Assist with special HR projects as needed.
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A brand new office on the Amsterdam Canals;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party, free sports classes and many more;
- Daily catered lunches and snacks;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!