Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for an IT Support Specialist to join our IT team in LA. As a vital part of the IT Support team, you will be responsible for providing all employees with the hardware and software they need to perform the best work of their lives. Assisting folks throughout the organization with any technical support issues or questions they may have.
Your work will have a direct impact on supporting all Lightspeed employees across our global offices and remote workers. Come and join our 24/7 follow-the-sun IT Support crew.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving technical issues.
- Providing and replacing tech equipment.
- Providing standard software access.
- Ensuring desk, meeting room, and office setups are in working order.
- Documenting, tracking, and monitoring issues through a service desk.
- Referring, proposing, and creating help articles.
- Keeping the IT Asset inventory up to date.
- Actively contributing to ongoing process improvements by taking initiatives.
- Assisting in administration and maintenance of existing IT systems, and implementation of new IT technologies.
- Assisting in administration and maintenance of AV.
- Assisting in software and SaaS license management duties in order to ensure compliance and cost controls.
- Performing other duties or special projects, as required, in support of the departments’ goals.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Your customer-first mindset.
- Your ability to listen with empathy.
- 2+ years of experience with:
- GSuite and/or O365 administration
- Single Sign-On and Multi-Factor Authentication (e.g. Okta, OneLogin)
- Service Desk Platforms (JIRA, Zendesk, ServiceNow)
- Enterprise Mobile Device Management
- Experience with MacOS is a plus.
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking skills
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly, free from errors and tech jargon.
- Reliability as a teammate.
- Troubleshooting skills and excellent follow-through.
- Knowledge of technical documentation is a plus.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- RRSP Contribution
- $500 Health & Wellness Credit
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental Health Online Platform, and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning License
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!