Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a People Business Partner to join our team. Reporting to the Head of People Business Partners in North America, you will join a team of top notch People Business Partners. You will be a key member of a mighty People and Culture team providing people strategy and support within a dedicated function in North-America.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as an expert and go-to person for all things related to the employee experience within your client group
- Partnering with P&C colleagues and key stakeholders and managers to deliver a P&C service in line with the needs and priorities of our growing teams
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to leadership and play a critical role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness within your client groups
- Partnering closely with managers on people related strategies and offer thought-leadership in areas such as career development, employee engagement, succession planning, compensation, performance management and talent reviews, etc.
- Build strong relationships with managers and employees, with the ability to coach and mentor management in HR issues
- Help pilot and participate in diversity, inclusion & belonging initiatives;
- Taking on any additional special projects as required by the client groups or P&C team
What you need to bring:
As the (Senior) People Business Partner, you will be the main contact for all things people-related and will help ensure the engagement, productivity and happiness of Lightspeeders.
We're looking for a candidate who has experience with the following:
- Extensive experience as a People Business Partner within a software technology company
- Experience of Canadian and US (nice to have) legal requirements as well as ability to operate in a global ecosystem
- Experience in change management, organizational development and management coaching
- Ability to quickly build rapport with various types of personalities and with employees at all level
- Proven ability to work with a management and employee group that is widely dispersed outside of HQ location
- Ability to have difficult conversations and provide feedback to people at all levels and coach on the subject
And a little bit of…
- You have experience with working within a fast-paced, high growth technology organization
- Experience in supporting the integrations of companies post acquisition
- Experience working on large, global and potentially complex projects that span across the organization
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefits
- Paid leave assistance for new parents
- Linkedin learning
- Volunteer days
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!