Lightspeed is the leading provider of Omnichannel and restaurant software, helping small to medium businesses around the world grow with our advanced POS and eCommerce platforms. Here in Amsterdam, we develop Lightspeed’s eCommerce component, helping over 12000 shops across the globe grow their online business.
After starting your day with great coffee, you and your team will discuss your day to day activities. Then you and your team will settle in to deploy multiple times a day while checking the logs for any discrepancies. Finally, you will celebrate your success with your team in our lively and social canal office on Herengracht in the heart of Amsterdam.
You will be working with a new code base in an environment that is open to change. This gives you many opportunities to put yourself forward for exciting and challenging projects where you can showcase your strong technical skills. As a customer-focused development team, we dedicate time to verifying customers problems, listening to their input and validating that we are delivering solutions that address our customers’ needs. Working with your team, you will be a vital part of this at every step. Finally, with full-stack teams, staffed by talented developers from 20+ different countries, there are plenty of opportunities for you to learn and grow at Lightspeed.
If you believe that continuous integration, deploying your code multiple times a day to production is how modern code should be produced, if you are not scared of taking full responsibility for the solution you have built including testing and verifying your code in production, if you enjoy celebrating your successes with your team, then this position is for you.
- Develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems
- Have total ownership over your project to improve our e-commerce product
- Solve issues and prioritize based on customer impact
- Act as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Fluent English
- A strong experience as a PHP or GO developer, you know your design patterns and best practices
- Good knowledge of distributed systems best practices
- At least a Bachelor degree and knowledge at an academic level
- Experience in working with Agile teams
- Experience with building and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Proven knowledge of MySQL (you can explain what’s an Index).
It’s even better if you also have:
- E-commerce and SaaS experience
- Experience with Docker and cloud environment
- Proven experience with NoSQL, APC and other caching solutions
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu)