- Have passion for developing creative solutions in a team, translating abstract concepts into simple solutions
- Listen to, understand and adapt to all users
- Demonstrate strong technical design sense across the big picture through to the devilish detail
- Are enthusiastic and keen to join talented peers in innovation
- Want everyone to learn and share knowledge with others to improve our craft
- Are building a culture that is a joy to work in and with
What you’ll be responsible for
- Play a key role in the efforts of keeping product quality to the highest standards, making sure our customers have the best user experience.
- Work as a member of an agile software development team, providing test effort estimates, timely validation and visibility on the testing activities status during each development iteration.
- Design, review, maintain and execute manual tests.
- Document test plans and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for test automation.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to identify, document and resolve product defects.
- Report to the test lead and have frequent interactions with developers, quality test developers, designers and product managers.
- Act as an advocate for highest code quality and ownership throughout the development process, while contributing to the health of the infrastructure
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
What you’ll be bringing to the team (Must Have)
- 1+ years of experience performing manual tests in a Quality Assurance role
- Experience in functional testing and integration testing
- Track record of showing excellent judgement in test planning, issue escalation and support our release manager in release decisions
- Strong analytical skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize day to day tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Team player who works collaboratively to achieve a common goal
- Ability to anticipate, recognize and solve problems
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with API testing
- Experience with agile development processes and practices
- Knowledge of Lightspeed or other POS products
- Working knowledge of hospitality terminology and concepts
- Experience with testing iOS and Mac applications
- Experience with JIRA, TestRail, PyTest
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
What's in It for You?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
- Brew up? We have a full self-service coffee set up in the office featuring coffee from Australia’s finest roasters.
- Collaboration with international teams in Australia, Canada and Europe.
- Work hard and play hard with office table tennis
- Team building events
- Competitive HMO and benefits
- Awesome modern office space located in Ortigas
- Flexible work from home policy
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!