Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Risk Analyst to join our Payments Operations team. You will play an integral role in the risk monitoring process and assist with combating Fraud. We're looking for a sharp, detail-oriented, enthusiastic person with a passion for problem-solving and investigations. The successful candidate will be a quick learner with superior Excel skills, outstanding analytical skills, and a keen eye for creating efficiencies in a fast-paced environment.
Through its suite of products, Lightspeed processes billions in transaction volume. You will work closely with the chargeback team and be responsible for managing transaction review (Risk) functions. You will have a knack of finding anomalies in data and profiles and help mitigate both transactional and merchant level fraud.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Help develop and update risk management policies, guidelines, standards and processes.
- Communicate and advise risk metrics and concerns to managers to ensure effective and adequate next steps are taken.
- Identify, assess and report on transactional and settlement anomalies in accordance with internal and external policies and regulations.
- Understand sub-merchant profile and help identify high-risk merchants
- Identify and classify the risks then propose risk mitigation or remediation.
- Analyze the risks associated with the different possible scenarios and propose a solution to the operational problem that offers the right balance between potential losses and the cost of the solution.
- Promptly act on operational urgencies namely, transactional losses or sub-merchant risks.
- Navigate through various web-service tools to come to a final conclusion in an efficient manner.
- As directed, help design and implement procedures for escalating suspect fraud cases including creating mechanisms by which risk-appropriate adjustments can be incorporated within the fraud management process to reduce potential losses.
- Contribute to operational improvements to streamline procedures/processes and enhance service.
- Communicating with sub-merchants to complete investigations
- Identify & remediate merchant credit risks
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Proven aptitude and desire to learn new, complex concepts and systems
- Strong working knowledge of Excel a must.
- Ability to make clear, diligent decisions based on multiple data points and risk factors
- Knowledge of Card Scheme rules and regulations
- Experience at a FinTech, Lending or within the Banking industry an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, accounting, finance, economics, data science or other analytical disciplines
- Experience and working knowledge of SQL including ability to write and understand complex queries an asset
- Previous credit or risk underwriting experience and/or experience in payment processing, community banking, and financial services technology a major plus
- Ability to document Underwriting and Risk policies in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of credit card industry Fraud trends and best practises for prevention
- Strong organization, communication, and team-oriented skills;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across risk, sales and client groups and execute on priorities, influence change, and deliver results;
- Good conceptual thinking with proven analytic, problem-solving and effective reporting skills;
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- A positive, energetic, can-do attitude.
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- RRSP Contribution
- $500 Health & Wellness Credit
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental Health Online Platform, and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning License
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!