Keen to meet a fun group of hard working people?
Ready for a long term career? You are just in the right place!
Vend by Lightspeed team is seeking a Sales Development Representative to join the Retail team. We’re looking for an energetic sales professional who will not be afraid of a fast-paced, customer-focused sales environment. You will join a team of individuals from many different backgrounds who have one thing in common: A passion for sales and the future of retail!
About the role: Reporting to the Senior Manager of Sales, you will be the first point of contact our potential customers have with our sales team. Our SDRs are responsible for driving revenue growth by generating and qualifying leads for the Vend by Lightspeed sales team. If you’re looking to grow your sales career, then this is the position for you!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Nurture all inbound leads through to qualification for Vend by Lightspeed’s inside sales team;
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience;
- Drive new business growth through qualifying warm inbound leads from marketing generated sources (webinars, trials, quote/demo requests) primarily through telephone and email communication;
- Identify customer needs to determine if Vend solutions would be a good fit;
- Manage multiple lead sources, including incoming calls, emails, chats and referrals at a given time;
- Manage existing customer database using Salesforce, to ensure all communications are logged and identified;
- Work with the Manager to develop new strategies to grow sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly SQL (Sales Qualified Lead) and MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) goals
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
Who you are:
- You are a people person, naturally competitive, and have a passion for sales.
- You love a challenge, and you’re not afraid to speak your mind, get stuck in and share your ideas.
- You thrive in a competitive, dynamic and quota-driven environment;
- You have experience in customer facing work environments with a high level of engagement
- You have the knowledge and passion for sales philosophies and methodologies
- You’re a strong communicator with experience engaging with businesses in the retail industry.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 1+ year of sales experience in a B2B environment. Bonus points if it is in a solution-sales / technology-related environment;
- Relevant work experience in an industry like IT solutions, software sales, telecommunications, e-commerce, cloud applications, SaaS, POS, retail or technology.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed sales targets;
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience working in a retail environment (particularly in one of our main verticals)
- Experience with Salesforce.com or Outreach
What’s in It for You?
- Opportunity to join a growing team, in a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Work with a team of incredibly talented and forward-thinking people!
- Work for a team that values hard work, and knows how to celebrate the wins
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
In short, an opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!