We’re building an unparalleled Finance team and shaping the future of Lightspeed. Lightspeed has a presence all over the globe, and we’re continuing to expand our reach. As a Senior Accountant supporting our German office, you will be a central part of the success of our team, having a direct impact on the growth and success of our company.
What you'll be responsible for
- You will prepare the monthly and annual financial statements according to German GAAP (HGB) as well as all tax-relevant reports.
- You will take over the accounting support of all business processes as well as the posting of all business transactions.
- You are responsible for monitoring and posting all business transactions in accordance with legal and internal group requirements (financial accounting, accounts payable review and accounts receivable review)
- You are responsible for fixed asset accounting
- You perform regular account maintenance, reconciliation and clarification
- You are responsible for the monthly VAT declaration
- You are the contact person for our colleagues, the subsidiary to be serviced, auditors and tax consultants
What you bring
- You have completed a commercial traineeship or a university degree with a focus on business administration in finance as well as a further qualification as a certified accountant (with degree) or a comparable qualification
- You ideally have several years of relevant professional experience in accounting, experience IT/SaaS/Tech industry is a plus
- You have very good knowledge of German GAAP (HGB) and bring good tax knowledge. First IFRS knowledge is an advantage
- You have very good MS Excel skills and an affinity for new systems, ideally you have already gained experience with ERP systems (NetSuite).
- You are data-driven and have an appetence for systems
- You enjoy working in a team and have very good communication skills and assertiveness
- You have a high level of commitment and personal responsibility
- You are fluent in German and have a very good command of written and spoken English. Main communication is done in English
Who you are
- You are someone who is data driven, analytical and diligent in their approach
- You bring professional and critical attention being the owner of your given entity
- You are willing to bring ideas to the table and challenge the status quo
- You are reliable and conscientious, a true team player
What’s in it for you?
- You have the opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry leading global organization headquartered in the Canadian market.
- You will be exposed to and have autonomy to solve challenging problems that enable the company to grow and succeed.
- You will learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark.
- This role is at the heart of supporting Lightspeed’s financial success as we continue to remain dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!