Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior Java Developer (Data layer) to join our global Data Platform team in Canada. You will be responsible for supporting Lightspeed’s data operations and infrastructure underlying all of Lightspeed’s products. As we continue our growth you will also play a key role in ensuring scalability of our data management systems and practices.
If you are a Senior/Staff Java Developer (Data layer) with interest in data technologies, we are open to explore that opportunity with you too.
For this role, you can be located in Canada and work fully remotely , +1/-1h time zone difference from EST.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, build and develop ETL pipelines consolidating various data sources (streaming or batch) into application specific Data Warehouses
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a CI/CD environment
- Design and architecture our data systems; data sourcing, accessibility, security, quality, governance, discovery, and integration into business processes
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs with estimates
- Build automated tests, troubleshoot software issues as well as implement bug fixes
What you need to bring:
We’re a team of 9 people located in Canada. Our team is responsible to gather the relevant data from all Lightspeed systems and centralize it for easy, fast and scalable cross analysis. The system needs to allow multi-tenant use without cross-performance impact and needs to be "unlimitedly" scalable.
We're looking for a Senior level candidate who has experience with the following:
- Senior level experience developing reliable, highly available and scalable software
- Fluent with Java and Python
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS or Azure, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
- Proven skills in server side resource profiling, optimization and debugging
- Strong proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!