Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team in Newmarket. Your core purpose will be to research, design and prototype user experiences to build a product that retailers will love. You'll work closely with Engineering, QA, and Product teams, and have the support of Senior Product Designers to help you succeed.
Product Design @ Lightspeed:
- We're a close-knit design team and we’ve got a number of years under the belt of working in-step with our product and engineering teams;
- Our team ships code to production every 7 mins. We work in short delivery cycles (max of 6 weeks!) to ensure we have time to deliver value to our customers;
- A Product Designer is expected to sit around a table with the Product Manager and Lead Engineer and provide direction for the delivery teams, you aren’t just a step in the process.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating: responsible for production deliverables to communicate the full design solution to the wider team that serves as documentation for implementation;
- Improving: continuously improve both the small and large details of the design of Lightspeed;
- Growing: spend time with Senior Product Designers to develop professional design and problem-solving skills.
And a little bit of…
- Contributing as part of the wider team to achieve organisational objectives even if this means doing things that aren’t strictly within the scope of your role!
We believe that Product Design is a unique and niche discipline. We believe that we're on the forefront of that discipline and are inventing the ways design and developer teams will be working in the future. So we're focusing on hiring Product Designers that we can mentor and help develop into modern Product Designers who are operating at the cutting-edge and inventing the future of our industry.
What you need to bring:
- A design-thinking education or equivalent (Design, Visual Arts, Architecture, Industrial Design, or Communication);
- Experience designing products, or working with teams who build with web technologies;
- Experience with or knowledge of a visual design tool like Figma, Bohemian Sketch or Adobe Illustrator;
- Experience with or knowledge of prototyping tools like Invision, FramerJS or HTML, CSS, JS.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a genuine impact.
Plus, we have a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Secure, full-time carpark
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Awesome office space located in Newmarket (Auckland)
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!