Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior Fullstack Developer to join our Checkout team in Amsterdam. You will be supporting Lightspeed's Retail product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our eCommerce solution. As part of the team, you will be responsible for producing a new user experience and technical proposal for the new Lightspeed Checkout, focusing mostly on the Frontend.
For this role, you will need to be at least 1-2 days per week in our beautiful Amsterdam office (once it reopens).
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and extending functionality of our products by contributing to our microservice-based platform
- Developing clean and highly maintainable code
- Extending our continuous integration / continuous deployment environment
- Working as part of a team (squad) to deliver product features and functionality
- Collaborating and communicating with stakeholders outside of your squad as well
- You will be responsible for a seamless customer experience
What you need to bring:
We’re a team of 8 people located mostly in Amsterdam.
We're looking for a Senior candidate who has experience with the following:
- Experience in PHP7
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Interest in the infrastructure part
- Solid foundation of knowledge in computer science
- Able to analyse production problems, incidents and performance issues
Who you are:
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are a team-player who likes to contribute to discussions and share your own experience
- You are self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision
- You are always seeking improvement and progress
- You are eager to make decisions and not afraid of making mistakes
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- 20 legal + 5 extra-legal paid vacation days
- Pension contribution and holiday allowance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Language classes & LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Transit allowance
- Food & drinks, daily office lunch
- Yoga & bootcamp classes
- Central office in the heart of Amsterdam
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
À propos de nous
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE : LSPD) dynamise les entreprises qui constituent le pilier de l'économie mondiale.
Notre plateforme de commerce unique transforme et unifie les opérations numériques et physiques en permettant les ventes multicanaux, l'expansion vers de nouveaux sites, les paiements mondiaux, les solutions financières et la connexion aux réseaux de fournisseurs. Grâce à la plateforme de commerce Lightspeed, les commerçants du secteur de la vente au détail et de l'hôtellerie peuvent créer des entreprises prospères pour l'avenir.
Lightspeed, dont le siège social se trouve à Montréal, bénéficie de la confiance des entreprises locales favorites, où la communauté va faire ses achats et déguster sa gastronomie. Lightspeed possède des bureaux au Canada, aux États-Unis, en Europe, en Russie et dans la région APAC.
Nous sommes passionnés par l'idée de permettre aux gens de faire leur meilleur travail. Nous sommes aussi de grans rêveurs et nous recherchons des personnes qui font de même. Chez nous, les étapes de la carrière sont fréquentes et nous les célébrons toutes. Venez travailler avec nous et découvrez où votre carrière vous mènera chez Lightspeed!