Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Developer to join our EMEA Market Fit squad. The squad is an agile team that’s responsible for our K-Series flagship Hospitality product used by customers all around the world.
You’ll be focusing on the European market where you’ll be responsible for maintaining and improving the existing application as well as implementing new features and integrations to ensure our customers’ satisfaction in these markets. You will be supporting Lightspeed’s Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our advanced hospitality commerce platform.
As a Senior iOS developer you’ll be working closely together with our Product Managers, Designers, other Developers and our Support team in order to provide tailored and innovative solutions for the market.
For this role, you can be based anywhere in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, the UK and Switzerland.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, document and implement features to our iOS point-of-sale application
- Participate in development planning, retrospectives and feature demos
- Proactively identify and remove roadblocks that inhibit the team’s ability to deliver
- Help decompose high level requirements into development tasks and work items
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software development processes and best practices
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and education for you and your team
- Participate in finding top talent for your team and the organization
- Provide technical and process guidance to your team
- Participate in code reviews in order to teach and apply high standards of code quality
What you need to bring:
- Advanced programming skills in Swift (and ideally Objective-C)
- Good knowledge of multithreading, UIKit, SwiftUI, Core Data, REST APIs
- Experience in writing automated unit and functional tests
- Good conceptual understanding of software design and code beauty
- Experience with local network communication, external accessories (eg. payment terminals, printers) is a plus
- You are a team player who likes to contribute to discussions and share your opinion
- You are self-motivated and can function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision
- You are always seeking improvement and progress
- You are eager to make decisions and not afraid of making mistakes
- You are keen on sharing your knowledge and expertise with your peers
Feel free to take a look at our global Tech Stack here: https://stackshare.io/lightspeed/lightspeed
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry: *may vary upon locations
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- 28 days holiday and flexible working policy
- Company pension program
- Health and wellness benefit of 400€ per year
- Corporate Benefits Card
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Subsidized public transit
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Language classes & LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Central Office and pet friendly environment (Berlin)
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!