As Senior Designer you will oversee and take responsibility for the successful delivery of a range of projects at Lightspeed. The type of projects you might run are design projects: research, interaction design, user experience design and service design as well as internal development projects, innovation proposals and related special project activities.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Own projects from start to finish, leading UX initiatives including running design sprints to define and explore merchant problems, content mapping, sketching, wire-framing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews to improve the customer experience;
- provide feedback to your peers to help strengthen your team, helping your teammates to build contextual, strong decision-making skills, and empathy for our users. You will encourage high-quality work without sacrificing speed;
- work closely with our global product design team designing for cross-product, cross-platform foundational features, leveraging and incorporating the domain expertise of team members focused on specific merchant workflows and actions;
- work closely with product management stakeholders, you will reach a shared vision to identify and define new features, collaborating with our UX researchers;
- collaborate with internal disciplines like engineers, product managers, researchers, and front-end developers to explore, build and ship your designs. You will help these other disciplines understand the value design can bring to a project to ultimately build and ship the best product.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- You have 5+ years of experience designing, documenting and releasing software products, preferably cloud-based SaaS solutions and/or mobile products;
- proficiency in interaction design for native mobile and web applications;
- a deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modeling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centered design solutions;
- proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Github, etc. and have experience with Design systems or asset-managing systems.
A little bit about you:
- You love the idea of being part of a global team and an open, inclusive and creative environment;
- you practice user-centered design and are laser-focused on improving the user experience with existing, and new functionality, suggesting innovations while remaining deadline-driven;
- you are passionate about solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design).
A hint of what’s in it for you:
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders;
- exposure to modern and proven technology;
- lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work;
- opportunities to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
If you need a little more convincing:
Who is Lightspeed?
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
And what about Lightspeed Global Product Design?
Our mission: empower customers by creating tools for the commerce ecosystem that break down barriers to success, allowing them to focus on their business – not their business tools.