Lightspeed is looking for a disciplined and energetic Senior Program Manager to manage a variety of high-priority projects that span almost all departments across the organization. As a Senior Program Manager, you will collaborate with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to plan, manage, and deliver program objectives that are critical to Lightspeed’s company and business goals. If you’ve mastered the art of bringing people together to execute complex programs, and live in the details but can still see the view from the top, this might be the job for you.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Lead program management activities from start to finish, including steering committees, planning, risk & mitigation and resource management for Suppliers programs and projects
- Responsible for the external communication of the Program to C-Level, executive management team and other key stakeholders
- Implement and oversee project methodologies & best practices within the Suppliers product organization
- Manage the execution of all program activities as well as the interactions with various teams
- Work with internal clients and stakeholders to ensure coordination and transparency in project scope, goals, deliverables, tasks and resource requirements
- Manage the expectations and involvement of multiple stakeholders on each project, define risk management plans, oversee impact and interdependencies between teams
- Change management experience and strong ability to drive change and process
- Leverage and contribute to enhancing tools, processes and practices required to enable delivering against organization’s objectives
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on ongoing programs/projects; including status, timelines, KPIs, risks, and issues
- Manage the program process and continuous improvement to increase effectiveness and overall delivery efficiency;
- Create performance dashboard for the Program to communicate the true state of the program
- Gather performance metrics from various teams and stakeholders on a regular cadence to operationalize the performance dashboards
- Is a change agent with a positive outlook and a creative mindset with practical understanding of the lifecycle of effective culture and process change
- Assist the Senior Director of Program Management in defining and improving processes
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Deep project management experience, ideally in software with a track record of successfully delivering large-scale programs on time and meeting all objectives
- Experience delivering projects that span cross-organization, including go-to-market (sales, support, marketing, etc.)
- University degree in a related discipline
- Possesses a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a related role,
- Data driven mindset and strong reporting capabilities. Capable of implementing and measuring OKR, value metrics and KPIs
- Extensive change management experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and managing stakeholders (at all levels) across the organization
- Amazing organizational, time management, and multitasking abilities
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Able to lead team of senior contributors to overall objectives;
- Able to succinctly communicate risk and progress to leadership;
- Able to analyze situations quickly;
- Strong facilitator and negotiator.
- Positive, can-do attitude
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Project Management certification (PMP, PgMP, etc.)
- Lean / Six Sigma certification
- Related industry experience (POS, payments, ecommerce, etc.)
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!