Lightspeed is on the hunt for a full-time Senior Front-End Developer to join our Montreal-based Development team. The primary role for this position is to build responsive and beautiful UIs for our flagship web-based Point of Sale solution.
Don’t mistake us for a typical corporation. We are not looking for just a team member, we’re searching for someone to enrich our family. We will let you write the code and bring your ideas. We will believe in you and give you creative freedom to allow you to do the best work of your life. Sounds familiar? Perfect! We’ve got what it takes to keep you feeling challenged and empowered.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have worked on large projects and your background is in Front-End Development. You’re always game to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe. You enjoy learning things that you’ve never touched before. This is your chance to intimately collaborate with a small team, to take on big projects that greatly improve the product. We love critical thinkers who like to question why we do things this way and want to do better. Change agents are everywhere at Lightspeed, are you one of them? That comes with taking ownership of the code you write, coupled with strong UI/UX skills. If you want to do the best work of your life while being surrounded by talented colleagues, we think we should talk.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
What are you going to do?
- Participate in the design and create beautiful / functional web applications, with a focus on the client side
- Evolve and implement new and existing UI through our company’s Design System
- Collaborate with Lightspeed’s Product team to deliver features and functionality
- Participate in code reviews and peer support
- Stay up to date with the latest front-end technologies to ensure we are always using the best practices
- Be a promoter of great UX
- Grow as a front-end developer through peer mentorship and collaboration
What do we think is important to succeed?
- Experience with TypeScript and CSS-in-JS
- Experience with React, Next.js and GraphQL
- Experience with HTML, CSS
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Experience building responsive web components for cloud-based SaaS applications.
- Experience working in complex microservices architecture.
- A keen interest in user interface design
- Familiarity with writing tests, including unit tests, integration tests and e2e.
- Excellent communication skills
What do we think would be great to have?
- 5+ years experience developing production-grade web applications
- Experience in Mobile Applications development
- Experience using versioning control systems (Git)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with AWS or Google Cloud Platform
And when you’re not programming?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!