At Lightspeed, we are building a Cloud Platform that enables our people to build apps using principles of Cloud-Native, DevOps and Continuous Delivery. You, as a SRE, will be a major contributor to the team that will design, develop, and operationalize the future of continuous delivery at Lightspeed.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices in a multi-location, multidisciplinary team to empower and accelerate product development
- Use automation extensively to design, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our product development teams
- Contribute to design and development of CI/CD pipeline that adheres to performance and security standards defined by the organization with emphasis on cloud platform integration and self-service workflows that meet business and compliance requirements
- Design and architect operational solutions with the specific goal of increasing the standardization, automation, repeatability, cost-efficiency and consistency of operational tasks
- Work with developers and other SRE to design and build scalable and reliable Cloud cost efficient infrastructure
- Write and maintain architectural, stakeholder, policy and processes documentation
- Adhere to and advocate for best practices, including Infrastructure as Code, monitoring, high availability, disaster recovery, security, and DevOps methodologies
- Collaborate with development teams and use intuition, experience and understanding to create SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs
- Provide timely assistance and remediation solutions during critical situations and production incidents to help resolve service problems (You will be on call for periods of time
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer-focused mindset
- Quality and reusability oriented
- Experience delivering scalable CI/CD solutions to organizations
- Good knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices, software engineering tools, processes, methods and testing
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and stay focused
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Linux Systems and databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Strong “Automate All The Things” mindset
- Good experience with cloud cost optimization
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet and Infrastructure as code with Terraform
- Understanding of Secret management with Vault or similar systems
- Good experience provisioning and managing infrastructures with high availability constraints
- Experience in securing resources and detecting exploits
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI,Travis CI, Concourse, Spinnaker, Harness and Terraform
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and architecture
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!