Lightspeed is the go-to platform for retail and hospitality businesses.
Lightspeed are retail and food service technology experts that work with people who love to produce, sell and consume food – so they can connect better, work faster and smarter, and keep growing.
As a Software Development Manager, reporting to the Director of Software Development, you will lead software development teams in APAC, currently distributed between Sydney and Manila, contributing to the accelerated growth of our hospitality products. You will provide technical mentorship and support our teams in accomplishing the impossible!
If you’re self motivated, enjoy sinking your teeth into a wide variety of challenges and get excited by the prospect of working with a talented crew who are doing things a little differently, then chances are you’ll love working at Lightspeed.
- Is passionate about designing and developing creative solutions for our users in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrates a strong technical sense across the big picture right down to the design details
- Wants everyone to learn and share knowledge with others to improve our craft
- Continuously strives to build a culture that is a joy to work in and with
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in the industry, you will lead and coach cross-functional agile teams that contribute to building Lightspeed’s hospitality products
- Providing mentoring to your teams and tracking team delivery, while ensuring that highest performance standards are met
- Acting as an advocate for ownership & high code quality, as well as improvements to tooling and developer experience
- Raising the bar and elevating your teams by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvements and progress
- Working closely with Product Management to allocate resources to projects
- Partnering with the Talent Acquisition team to hire top talent from across the world
- Working with Lightspeeders across the globe to help solve common problems, improve efficiencies using technology and foster an open and collaborative learning environment
- Actively contributing to and growing our amazing company culture
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Experience leading agile software development teams or squads working on large scale products
- Proven experience managing day to day development operations
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills
- Strong experience with mentorship and performance management
- Knowledge of modern cloud technologies and tools, such as AWS and it’s services
- Strong knowledge of relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Understanding of software testing methodologies
- Understanding of continuous delivery model
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Recent experience with hands on software development
- Experience working with microservices and serverless technologies
- Knowledge of event based and messaging systems
- Experience with Point of Sale (POS), Payment processing, or eCommerce
- Familiarity with the hospitality industry
Who you are:
- A leader and a coach, someone with strong people skills
- A teacher and a mentor, who loves to help individuals learn and reach their potential
- A problem solver who doesn’t shy away from tackling complexity
- Decisive and able to handle ambiguity
- Someone with a strong will to learn, grow and get out of their comfort zone
- A person with great energy and passion for technology
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Flexible working arrangements
- Brew up? We have a full self-service cafe set up in the office featuring coffee from Australia’s finest roasters (think Sample, Industry Beans etc.), with our very own coffee experts floating around to teach you a trick or two
- Fully stocked fridge of different craft beers #PoweredByLightspeed
- Work hard and play hard with table tennis and foosball
- Organised activities such as hackathons, board game nights
- Awesome office space located in Chippendale, NSW, Australia
- Flexible working policy
Lightspeed hires the best and brightest. You’ll be joining a team who love creating unique experiences for our partners and customers.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!