Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for a new SRE Team Lead to help us lead, mentor, and grow a high-performing global SRE team and cultivate an inclusive environment that inspires the team to do their best work. Under your guidance, the team will take on the critical mission of supporting and enhancing the range of Lightspeed Hospitality products.
If you’re a leader with a solid technical background, have a proven track record of supporting, mentoring, and leading a team, along with a reputation for delivering great software then you might be a perfect fit. If you enjoy problem-solving mixed with pragmatism and collaboration to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, then you’re what we’re looking for.
The smooth communication and collaboration with fellow SRE and development team members around the globe will be an integral to the success of the team. If you are inspired by interesting technical challenges, working on solutions that really matter and strive for excellence within our international team, then we would love to hear from you.
- Be the trusted lead and partner of a 3-5 people SRE team located in North America
- Work closely with other development teams, architects and the engineering leaders to align on approach and priorities
- Guide, motivate, and grow your team of skilled SRE’s as they solve complex business problems;
- Participate in finding top talent for your team and the organization;
- Provide technical and process guidance to your team;
- Join our oncall rotation to triage and resolve production issues;
- Experience leading a team of SRE/DevOps/SysEng through successful software projects
- Ability to communicate effectively towards tech and non-tech people in the organization
- Ability to provide coaching, mentoring and context to team members
- Solid experience in running the infrastructure backing B2B SaaS products;
- Advanced skills in AWS/Linux/Docker/Terraform (or equivalent tools)
- Professional experience with data stores: RDMBS, NoSQL, Caches
- Solid understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices
What's in for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!