Lightspeed is seeking an individual with strong customer service skills and technical knowledge to provide technical support for our Lightspeed products. The successful candidate has excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German, works well both independently and as a member of a team, is great at solving problems, and has a keen eye for detail.
As Lightspeed’s Support Specialists, we focus on delivering outstanding customer service when our customers need it the most. We help them successfully run their businesses by teaching them how to use our products, resolving their technical issues, and providing them with helpful resources. We are the voice of our users within the company, and we work closely with other departments to improve the experience of existing and future customers.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. It is smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Deliver outstanding support and customer service that is courteous, accurate, and timely
- Manage and prioritize incoming customer inquiries
- Use consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues over the phone, email, and other channels
- Properly document and track customer issues and resolutions
- Collaborate with peers and other departments on specific user-impacting issues
- Collaborate in the creation and maintenance of the internal knowledge base
- Follow escalation procedures as required;
- Handle miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience, ideally in a technical support role;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English;
- Passionate about helping people
- The ability to empathize with the needs and technical acuity of each customer
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective telephone communication skills, with the ability to conveying a customer-focused attitude;
- Very strong organizational and decision-making skills;
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Mac OS X;
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude
- Self-starter who also works well in a team environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Open availability; able to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to understand HTML and CSS, and make small edits
- Experience using Mac OS X
- Retail experience
- Experience setting up, configuring, or managing eCommerce sites
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Italian, Spanish, Dutch, or French
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A brand new office on the Amsterdam Canals;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party, free sports classes and many more;
- Daily catered lunches and snacks;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
Does this sound amazing? Please, don't hesitate to contact us directly! Please send an English resume.