You have extensive customer facing experience and you cannot wait to join us, Lightspeed, on our journey as we grow and strengthen our German Customer Onboarding team. You will use your experience to lead a team of Product Specialists who look after our German speaking customers in Europe with the single goal to deliver on the best customer experience possible!
Our Product Specialists are a part of the EMEA onboarding team who are responsible for the remote software implementation and training of hundreds of new retail and hospitality customers across EMEA every month. With customer centric leadership and strong project management skills you will bring a blend of energy and drive to help your team to get to the next level!
Reporting to the Manager Product Specialists of EMEA, this role involves significant opportunities to interact with all parts of the organization at all levels and highly impact Lightspeed's growth journey.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Provide day-to-day guidance, training, strategic leadership and oversight to the German team of product specialists through coaching and mentorship
- Develop a positive team relationship by being supportive, visible, easily accessible and proactively encouraging daily motivation and recognition
- Active participation in complex projects that span across functions, regions and segments as we roll out new products
- Lead by example; Depending on the team size and market, you will (continue) to take ownership of the onboarding of high profile SMB customers while being there to support your team.
- Continuously identify ways to improve how we onboard customers and work with the team to act on and implement those improvements
- Work closely together with the other team leads within the onboarding and professional services team to guarantee close collaboration across all functions and regions
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team, conduct team meetings, deliver performance reviews and evaluations
- Ensure as many customers as possible go live with our software in the least amount of time and with a great customer experience
- Prepare reports and other documentation on the team initiatives, targets and processes and give insights during weekly meetings
- Closely collaborate with leaders within sales, support, product and operations to ensure an optimal customer experience throughout the whole customer journey
- Maintain a high level of knowledge related to the company, industry standards and our products
- Optimize the usage of the software tools we use such as scheduling software, Salesforce & Zendesk
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 3+ years of customer facing experience working in a high growth, fast paced software organization. (Preferably in onboarding, business development, account management, sales engineering or support)
- 1+ year experience as a team lead or manager or heavily involved in coaching and training new employees
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in marketing or business, or an equivalent degree and/or experience
- Strong project management skills and the ability and drive to get things done
- Ability to thrive in a competitive environment and execute tasks within short time lines
- Passion for people and technology
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong presentation skills
- Training/mentoring skills that focus on improving performance and morale
- You live at driving distance of one of our offices in EMEA
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and iOS
- Experience with Salesforce
- Retail experience
- Hospitality experience
- eCommerce experience
What’s in It for You?
You have the opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry leading global organization headquartered in the Canadian market. You will be exposed to and have autonomy to solve challenging problems that enable the company to grow and succeed. You will learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!